Joining Squadron 275 . . .
Who is eligible for membership in the Sons of The American Legion?
· All direct male descendants (sons, grandsons, great-grandsons), adopted sons and stepsons of living OR deceased members of The American Legion;
· Male descendants (direct descendants such as sons, grandsons, great-grandsons, and adopted sons and stepsons) of U.S. Armed Forces veterans who died in service during World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, or the Persian Gulf War, during the Legion membership eligibility periods shown below;
· Male descendants (direct descendants such as sons, grandsons, great-grandsons, and adopted sons and stepsons) of U.S. Armed Forces veterans who died after their honorable discharge from service during World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, or the Persian Gulf War, during the Legion membership eligibility periods shown below.
AMERICAN LEGION ELIGIBILITY DATES
· Persian Gulf War: Aug. 2, 1990 until cessation of hostilities as by determined the U.S. Government
· Panama: Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 21, 1990
· Lebanon & Grenada: Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984
· Vietnam War: Dec. 22, 1961 to May 7, 1975
· Korean War: June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955
· World War II: Dec. 7,1941 to Dec. 31,1946
· World War I: April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918
· All members must meet eligibility requirements – there are no honorary members permitted in the Sons of The American Legion.
· Applicants must complete the S.A.L. Membership Application (PDF), provide proof of eligibility, such as a copy of the veteran’s Honorable Discharge Certificate, the veteran’s DD214 form (Discharge/Separation form), and/or a copy of the veteran’s Legion membership card for the current year.
· Annual membership dues are payable September 1st for the ensuing membership year but must be paid by December 31st. Checks should be made payable to Independence Squadron 275, S.A.L.
· Membership dues for Senior Members (Age 18 and over) are $10.00/year; for Junior Members (below Age 18) are $ 8.00/year; for Dual Members (Legion Members) are $5.00/year.
· The Membership Year extends from January 1st to December 31st each year.
· Eligibility does not guarantee membership. Eligible applicants must be approved by a vote of the Squadron.
If you are eligible and would like to join the Sons of The American Legion, Independence Squadron 275, please contact the Squadron at here.